Register now for online exams
Thank you for your interest in our online grade exams. This exam session is now full. If you would like to add your name to the waitlist, please complete the registration form information.
This exam session is being carried out in an online format. Dancers record their dances in advance, and the videos are viewed and scored by the examiner. Ceili components of exams are conducted via a Zoom meeting. At this exam, grades preliminary through 10 are being offered. This exam supports dancers who were registered for our previously scheduled, and postponed, April 2020 exams as well as new registrations from Atlantic Canadian CLRG schools.
To view the rules and exam syllabus for CLRG grade exams, please visit clrg.ie.
- Examiner: Russell Beaton, SDCRG
- Location: Rising Tide Irish Dance Academy, 3-325 Rocky Lake Drive, Bedford, Nova Scotia and virtual
- Dates: Exams will be marked on June 26 & 27, 2021. Dances can be filmed any time prior to that.
- Payment: Payment by etransfer only to email@example.com. Use irishdance as etransfer security question response and include candidate’s name in message field. Refunds will not be provided after May 8, 2021.
- Rising Tide is offering three in-studio filming days: May 30, June 6 and June 20, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Nine grades (not individual dances) will be filmed per hour. Dancers taking multiple grades should sign-up for multiple slots/days. Register at signupgenius.com.
- Dancers may film on their own as well. Please email us for instructions on how to do so. Note that Rising Tide will not be responsible for the quality and accuracy of videos filmed elsewhere. Videos filmed elsewhere must be submitted to Rising Tide by June 24, 2021.
- We are following COVID-19 protocols and therefore only dancers will be permitted inside. Please review all protocols before arriving to Rising Tide. Dancers who need assistance tying shoes may have one parent come in to help with shoes and then leave. Local teachers are also invited in to watch their students record.
- Dancers completing grades with ceili components will need to participate in a Zoom call with the hosts and examiner. This will be organized for the week of the marking dates in June.
- May 8, 2021: Final day to receive a refund if withdrawing from exams
- May 9, 2021: Final day for priority registration for Atlantic Canadian dancers
- May 10, 2021: Registration open to all Eastern Canadian dancers
- May 29, 2021: Final day to submit copies of previous exam certificates and marks
- May 29, 2021: Final day to register for exams (space permitted)
- June 24, 2021: Final day to submit videos if filmed elsewhere
- Week prior to June 26 & 27: Zoom call period for candidates with ceili components